Understanding human’s needs means understanding human emotions: that’s why at Muvraline we build cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence technologies to recognize human’s emotions, to help companies have a deeper understanding of human behaviour and to take better care of their prospects/clients.
Emotions are temporary changes in the psychological and physiological state of the individual caused by an event or stimulus, and have evolved as means through which our organism react, understand and cope with the complex changing environment around us. Let us give an example. When we
unexpectedly meet again our first best friend after a very long time, we instantly feel happily surprised with no need to think rationally about the reason why we should be happy: we know we are happy, simply because we feel happy! In addition, we will also be able to immediately recognize that our friend also is (hopefully) happy to see us: in fact, emotions leave detectable traces on facial expressions, intonation, gestures, behaviours.
Because emotions are reliable indicators of an individual inner state, automatic emotion detection has many possible practical applications in a wide range of fields both in the private and the public sector.
- In health care, it can help the psychological / psychiatric diagnosis, or determine the level of stress or pain (physical or psychological) of the patient to prioritize tasks, or to notify the doctor or the ambulance in case of sudden illness
- Detecting the internal state of students in real time may be useful to adapt teaching techniques and approaches in education settings
- Emotion detection is key In the evaluation of user experience: in fact it is useful for conducting market research, helping brands improve their advertising, marketing messages, and the desirability of products and contents, as well as to estimate customer’s satisfaction – in fact, the emotional state of the user in response to a service or content is a much better estimator than traditional declarative questionnaires
- Emotion detection may be exploited to build more sophisticated recommender systems, for example by suggesting different types of services or content depending on the emotional state, such as a relaxing playlist if the user is concerned, or for emotion-targeted digital advertising
- In security, it can be applied to automatically assess whether there are unduly nervous, aggressive or fearful people in public places
- Automotive / transport industry: detect if the driver / pilot is tired to suggest to turn off the car or take corrective actions
- Finally, it can improve the quality of the interaction between an artificial agent and the human user in different scenarios and environments, such as at home, at the hospital, in the car or with virtual assistants.
These are only a few of the potential applications of the automatic emotion detection solutions that we develop at Muvraline: do not hesitate to contact us if you want to know how we can help your organization to exploit the full potential of understanding human emotions!